Yarn Along

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~

Knitting:  The Old Shale Scarf

Reading:  The One-Straw Revolution and Mary Emma & Company (book four in the Little Britches series.)

(Long day yesterday = very simple Yarn Along post this morning!)

Grab a button for your post or sidebar! Visit the Yarn Along page for additional button colors!
Below is a linky list if you’d like to link up and join the Yarn Along.
(1) Make sure the link you submit is to the URL of your blog post or your specific Flickr photo and not your main blog URL or Flickr Photostream. Please be sure and link to your current Yarn Along post, and not a Yarn Along post from a previous week.
(2) Include a link back to this post in your blog post or on your flickr photo page so that others who may want to join the Yarn Along can find us!
(3) If you have any trouble linking up, just email me and I will help you!
You can also join the Flickr Yarn Along group to share your knitting and reading photos anytime!

Comments

1. Joanne Goonewardene says:

We are reading Mary Emma & Company right now also!

2. I knitted the Old Shale scarf myself recently as a gift for a friend. I liked the pattern, easy enough to watch tv or chat while doing it, but also still interesting to knit.

3. Loving the yarn Along and having fun seeing what every else is making and reading too.

4. Vims1 says:

I will really like to join the Yarn along! I love reading your blog and can’t wait for the next post!

5. Rachel says:

Love, love, love that brown yarn! And just added “The One-Straw Revolution” to my reading list. Thank you!

6. Jo says:

Golly, that colour has me swooning!
    here I go linking to your new yarn along, the same post I posted last night to your old yarn along!
    Haven’t knitted a stitch since so i hope it qualifies!

7. marzia says:

Hi girls!
    Ginny I do love the violet scarf you made for your friend!
    Happy knitting and reading to everyone!!!

8. Chelle says:

You really have impeccable taste in yarn colors. I envy that – I’m constantly trying to not buy blue or green, and usually failing! Wonderful pattern you’re working on as well. I wanted to let you know, I really loved Lark’s cardigan in ‘pinecone’ from Brambleberry, and I just made my first purchase there because they seemed like their products were worth the $$ from your posts. I bought some ‘pinecone’ worsted yarn and love it!

9. Jen says:

I found One Straw Revolution for free online for anyone who is interested (like I am)!

ftp://ftp-fc.sc.egov.usda.gov/ID/technical/one_straw_revolution.pdf

10. What a nice warm, earthy brown.

11. Tina says:

I’m loving your shawl, especially the colors!

12. Eileen says:

i love your yarn along and seeing what your knitting, though i must admit some weeks i can’t wait to see what your reading ! little britches series sounds great and i enjoyed the one straw revolution….thanks

13. Anne says:

Like the scarf pattern ~ Little Britches series was one of my kids favorites :-)

14. Genevieve says:

I have been inspired by Kay and Ann’s new approach on the Mason Dixon Knitting blog (masondixonknitting.com) – 15 minute blogging. Post whatever you can write/link/load in no more than 15 minutes. They’ve helped me remember that my blogging doesn’t have to be fancy or tell the whole life story of today’s project. Just write something and put it out there! No one minds. Thanks for another week of Yarn Along, motivating me to post!

15. Kelly J. R. says:

I think that scarf pattern would look awesome knit in a blue yarn. The swiggles remind me of ripples on water. I linked up for the Yarn Along too.

16. Ah, yes, that’s life isn’t it! Hectic days require us to simplify some things! The scarf look lovely though! happy knitting!
    Christina

17. Kelli says:

I love the scarf. And I also love how you always have something as beautiful as that on your needles!
    Blessings,
    Kelli

18. sheila says:

Beautiful stitch pattern! Thank you for another great yarn along!

Sheila

19. Joanna says:

Enjoying the impetus to blog thank you!

20. Laura Bray says:

The Mary Emma book sounds great! I’m going to the library today to look for it.

21. Love the scarf! Back to knitting socks and loving it!

22. Dawn says:

Someone please tell me how to knit AND read. I use my spare time to knit. I knit in the car while waiting for the kids at the end of the school day. I knit while waiting at theatre rehearsals and swim team practice . I try to read at bedtime, only to read a paragraph and fall asleep with the book on my chest and my glasses still on my face. I get a knitted project completed here and there. I do NOT know how someone can knit and complete as many projects as I see on some blogs AND manage to read a book. I haven’t been able to read a book in months when trying to get a project knitted. I must be highly inefficient. Please give me advice.

• I’m going to let you in on a little secret: I can’t knit in the bathtub so I read! That’s my alone time and DH knows not to bother me when I’m reading…LOL.

• Joxy says:

Pssst Dawn, Easy patterns I can read at same time, but normally I listen to audio books!

• Ginny says:

I cannot read and knit at the exact same time. I read while I nurse Silas, and a bit at bedtime each night. I also start far more books than I finish!

• Dawn says:

I am no longer nursing babies so I guess that is what has happened to my reading time. And…yes, I start many books only to have them due back at the library before I am even half way through and I give up and take it back.

• shwell says:

Dawn,

About once a month or so, I get a book urge. I used to read All the time before kids, but now not so much.
      I get a book or sometimes two! from the library and carry it around with me all day, to the bathroom/laundry room – you can read a chapter when you are supposed to be changing over the wash etc and go to bed early but stay up late reading, A day – two at the most and the book is done, the urge satified and back to reality.

23. Susan says:

The yarn looks so snuggly! It’s going to be a great scarf :)

24. lovely pattern on the scarf.

25. Kim says:

That scarf looks like it would be great in a highly variegated yarn too- I’m always looking for those kinds of patterns!

26. Ah, that’s better. And the one straw revolution…yes it is definitely on my to read list. Happy Wednesday.

:)Lisa

27. Kathy says:

I love the brown tones – very pretty knit!

28. annie says:

Oh! The One Straw Revolution is fantastic. A great book to get inspired for the upcoming garden season, for sure.

29. Ana says:

This is Ana. I’m 12 and this is my first time on the Yarnalong!

30. Sylvia says:

sometimes simple posts are the best. love the color of your shawl!
    i am sharing a completed project for a change ;)
    have a lovely wednesday, ginny!

31. sandy says:

LOVE the look of the old shale scarf, must check that out. Reminds me a bit of a feather and fan, but more solid?

32. Kristin says:

Lovely! I’ll have to check those books out as well. Hoping today is less…long? We’re feeling a bit under the weather here so we’re taking it slow.

33. Luisa says:

Maybe a long day of knitting today.

34. jess says:

Coincidentally, I am knitting the same pattern for my mom for mother’s day. Unfortunately, I am RE-knitting this scarf, as I finished it a month ago. When it came time to block the scarf, it had a violent run in with a curious kitten in the middle of the night. The result was an unfix-ably snagged mess and a sad lady unwinding it during an annual church meeting. The second time around is not so much fun, but a more comfortable process. I just finished a great book called Almost Amish by Nancy Sleeth. I didn’t realize it was a Christian living book, but I picked it up as an inspirational read to refocus my priorities. The only flaw I found in it was the generalization of Amish Living ironically enough, but the Christian message mixed with the inspirational refreshment of personal focus was just what I needed. I highly recommend. Thank you for your blog, as it also refreshes me each day!

35. Taryn Oakley says:

I really enjoyed one-straw—- hope you do too!

36. Lovely stitch pattern! I hope this day is more restful.

37. Joy says:

I like the color variance in that scarf.

38. LaurenR says:

I’m so glad to see there really are people out there that read Little Britches! Love those stories.

39. Kim says:

Your scarf is gorgeous!

40. KC says:

I just love that brown!!

41. I like your post even more than usual today – I love the pattern on the scarf, and The One-Straw Revolution is on my to-read list too. I hope you’ll let us know how you like it!

42. tess says:

Simple is good too! :) Beautiful scarf – I hope you enjoy a quieter day today!

43. Lisa says:

Yes, it’s funny how one long day can mean at least one or two days of recuperating! I’m with you.

44. karen says:

The scarf looks great! Rest up from whatever you did yesterday :)

45. Mary G says:

the only problem with Old Shale … it seems to take FOREVER to get a finished item …

hang in there as that scarf is going to be gorgeous!

46. Heather says:

Hoping today is easier for you.

47. What a lovely scarf pattern!
    I hope your day today is more restful x

Trackbacks

1. [...] finally back for Ginny’s Yarn Along. It’s been a busy few weeks here at Baldy Hill, but we have been making! Remember the scarf [...]

2. [...] Yarning Along with Ginny: [...]

3. [...] up with Yarnalong, WIP Wednesday, and Keep Calm Craft On! Posted with Blogsy Pass it on!Pin It handmaiden casbah [...]

4. [...] Along with Ginny Tweet Pin It Filed Under: [...]

5. [...] For more works in progress, visit Tami’s Amis.  For more yarn crafting and reading, visit Small Things. [...]

6. [...] If you want to see more of today’s Works-in-Progress why not head on over to Tami’s Amis, and Ginny’s Yarn Along… [...]

7. [...] Ginny’s Yarn along again but with a dress. The reason why this week is less about knitting and more about sewing is [...]