Yarn Along

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~

I had hoped to be finished with Beatrix’s Bulle by the end of the weekend, but I’m not quite there yet.  I am almost finished with the first pocket though, so that just leaves one more to go plus a bit of finishing work.  I can’t wait to dress my girls in their matching sweaters!  They are very excited too because they are still at an age that they like to match as often as possible.  Otherwise, for my own sake, I would probably have chosen different colorways for each of them.  I love the amber trinket, but it’s a bit much (for me) to knit the same pattern twice in the exact same yarn!  The Bulle pattern is a lot of fun, so as far as knitting something twice goes (and in the same color,) this was the perfect project though.

I am reading a book that is not my usual sort of reading material.  I actually understand all the words in this one.  The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie has been sitting on my shelf for months, passed to me by a friend.  My Aunt Genie has been recommending the Flavia de Luce mystery books to me, so I thought I would finally read this.

Grab a button for your post or sidebar! Visit the Yarn Along page for additional button colors!

Below is a linky list if you’d like to link up and join the Yarn Along.
(1) Make sure the link you submit is to the URL of your blog post or your specific Flickr photo and not your main blog URL or Flickr Photostream. Please be sure and link to your current Yarn Along post, and not a Yarn Along post from a previous week.
(2) Include a link back to this post in your blog post or on your flickr photo page so that others who may want to join the Yarn Along can find us!
(3) If you have any trouble linking up, just email me and I will help you!
You can also join the Flickr Yarn Along group to share your knitting and reading photos anytime!

Comments

1. Jo says:

Here’s my late blog post for the Yarn Along (I missed the widget deadline, boo hoo)

2. Sarah says:

I love “sweetness at the bottom of the pie” and all the other books in the series. They are super fun!

3. Amanda says:

Ooh that yarn looks yummy. Nice sheen, too!

4. Oh Ginny, You are such a knitting inspiration. And the colors you are using right now are all so pretty and autumny… XO

5. i have three little girls, all within 20 months of each other, and i’m on my 3rd hat of the same pattern – for their matchy sakes! i have been enjoying the easy pattern, though, and they’re fast knits! :)

6. Tracy says:

I love that book. Enjoy it.

7. Jen Letts says:

I love looking back at old family photos and seeing pictures of my sister and I dressed in matching clothes, usually different colors (neon!!!) but same skirt or sweaters or whatever. Good times!

8. Desiree says:

This is my first Yarn Along too! Thanks for sharing with us. I love seeing your beautiful pictures! I am definitely going to look at my library for the Flavia books. I have been looking for a good not-too-serious mystery series to start :)

9. Jayme says:

Those are beautiful colours! I didn’t have a close sibling, but my mother sometimes sewed matching clothes for my stuffed animals so I could enjoy the fun of ‘dressing alike’.

10. Lisa G. says:

I enjoyed that Flavia de Luce book, and the second was also cute, but not as much as the first. Haven’t read the third as yet.

11. Meadow says:

Lovely colors! The tiny acorn boats were cute.

12. Cassidy says:

My first Yarn Along! WOO HOO! I love all the inspiration I get from these knitty link ups. :) The Bulle looks wonderful.

13. Gender difference aside, my son wants very much to match his baby sister, so I’ll be working on some matching items for Christmas shortly. Although I think I’ve decided on hats, so hopefully I won’t get repeat yarn + repeat pattern burnout, too. How have I not heard of the Flavia de Luce books?!?! Going on my wish list post haste!

14. Kristen says:

my first Yarn along !!

15. Paula says:

Ella wasn’t lucky enough to have sisters, it’s Momma that she always wants to match :)

16. Hooray! almost done! Can’t wait to see your girls dressed in their matching Bulle’s. (I used to dress my daughters in matching outfits all f of the time– so cute!

I’m going to have to request one of the Flavia mysteries from the library. After browsing the comments, it appears that they are favorites with everyone. I will be eager to hear how you liked the book.

17. Julia says:

Matching sweaters – I bet my daughters would love that and they are sized so that the sweaters would hand-me-down to the younger and keep her in the same sweater for at least 4 years.

18. annie says:

Ooooh… Pockets. I have thus far avoided those in a steadfast and purposeful way. You are a brave lady!

19. sandy says:

Enjoy that special time when the girls are young enough they enjoy looking alike, it will pass all too quickly. Love the colors, anxious to see your completed project modeled by the girlies.

20. Sally says:

My children like to be all matchy too :)

21. Josee says:

I started reading that book a couple months ago but never finished it. It’s not that it wasn’t interesting, it was! I was just so busy canning that by the end of the day I had no energy left for reading.

22. So sweet that your girls still want to match! We’ve just moved past that- my boys want the same item but in their own favorite colors.

23. I look forward to seeing the pictures of them both in their sweaters!

24. Marie-Josée says:

I love pink and orange together!!
    I don’t know why, it’s just so beautiful!

25. Susan says:

I am in the middle of the second book in the Flavia De Luce series – I found them because I could download from the library. Really enjoying them.

26. Eileen says:

Hi Ginny, love your Bulle color choice and your girls will look beautiful in them. You will be so happy that you did both sweaters in the same color. Thanks for doing the yarn along, I look forward to it every Wednesday.

27. Elisa says:

How is the book? That yarn is knitting up sooo lovely.

28. Maggie says:

Your knitting always looks so lovely. One day I’ll knit a sweater or cardigan, I should actually order the circular needle set I took an IOU on for my birthday last month.

29. Donna says:

Your girls are going to look adorable in those sweaters! I can’t wait to see pictures.

30. Noémie says:

Wow, it’s almost finished ! I can not wait to see the result, the yarn is just perfect…

31. steph says:

I love Flavia!!! It’s a mighty fun little read…..
    So sweet that the girls still like the matchy matchy!!! How quickly this will fade….what a good mama for grabbing those precious time when they happen—and making wonderful memories.

32. Lisa says:

I love the yarn and the pattern. The girls are going to look adorable – can’t wait to see the pictures! Yay for being almost finished! I’ve never heard of those books, but I do like a good mystery so I’ll add it to my someday list.

33. Kristen says:

That is beautiful yarn you have. I am having the same dilemma….I am finishing up a sweater for my oldest girl, and plan to knit two more identical sweaters with identical yarn for my other two daughters. The thought of it is kind of making me cringe!

34. sheila says:

Love the autumn colors in the yarn!

Happy hump day!

Sheila

35. Lori B says:

The Flavia books are favourites with everyone in my family! My 12yod read through them this summer and though she loved them was not happy with the author’s choice of name for one of the characters (who isn’t nice) because it’s her name, too :)

36. Oh, Flavia…dear girl!! I await the next installments with bated breath. I buy them, then donate them to our local library and rave about them to anyone who will listen. I can’t wait for my girls to be old enough to read these books! Thanks for featuring a Canadian author!

37. Becky says:

I’ve heard good things about the book that you chose. It’s on my endless list of ones to get to. :)

38. Your beautiful Bulle has inspired me! At last I’ve got the right yarn, and the right sized needles, and it’s next in my queue… x

39. tess says:

I hear you – pairs of things are always a bit tough for me to knit – and this is kind of like that, but with a much bigger project! It’s looking good, though, and you’re almost there! Can’t wait to hear how you like your book.

40. Debbie says:

Lovely projects. The book sounds like one I would like…will look for it. I also love those little acorn boats from your last post. Enjoy your day.

41. Kim says:

Beautiful!

42. Kathleen says:

Looks like you are busy these days! Happy Knitting.

43. Thanks for the link up! I enjoy your blog as well!

44. Gina says:

I can’t remember the last time I read a good mystery. What fun!

45. jo says:

I love the yarn you are using, especially that orange, perfect for autumn x

46. Mary G says:

Love that book .. let me know what you think …

47. Tracey says:

I love that your girls like to match their outfits, when I was growing up my sisters and I liked to match too. Funny how that is a big no-no as one gets older.

Trackbacks

1. […] post is part of Tami’s Amis WiP Wednesday and Ginny’s Yarn Along. Visit them for more similar […]

2. [...] post is part of Tami’s Amis WiP Wednesday and Ginny’s Yarn Along. Visit them for more similar [...]

3. [...] along with Ginny over at small things: ~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in [...]

4. | Snow Joy says:

5. [...] chose to start my knitting for the season with a super long term project, the Beekeepers Quilt. It is entirely addictive! These [...]

6. [...] much progress to show this week for Yarn Along.  It seems I was knitting a bit on a bunch of things.  It depended on where I was and what I had [...]