Yarn Along

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~

Yarn Along

For literal years I have been wanting to knit a particular cardigan inspired by an out of print vintage pattern that I can’t seem to get my hands on.  It occurred to me that I ought to try writing my own pattern, so that’s just what I am doing.  I cast on Friday night and am almost finished knitting the body of what will be Beatrix’s fall cardigan.  Blue is her color, and I am having a great time knitting this in some of Cynthia’s indigo dyed merino.  It’s the perfect shade of blue.  I am having so much fun knitting this sweater that I may finish it in the next week!  I’ll be excited and kind of nervous to show you.  (Make sure to check back this weekend for a giveaway from Brambleberry Yarns.  Cynthia dyed a skein of yarn especially for one of you to win!)

I haven’t read a chapter book aloud to my boys in awhile, and decided to pick back up with the Little Britches series because they are some of our favorites and we’ve not read beyond the first two.  We are reading The Home Ranch.  I also plan to start reading aloud Hilda Van Stockum’s Five For Victory, the first in her series about the Mitchell family.  It sounds like a sweet story that the whole family will enjoy.

(photo by Jonny)

Grab a button for your post or sidebar! Visit the Yarn Along page for additional button colors!
Below is a linky list if you’d like to link up and join the Yarn Along.
(1) Make sure the link you submit is to the URL of your blog post or your specific Flickr photo and not your main blog URL or Flickr Photostream. Please be sure and link to your current Yarn Along post, and not a Yarn Along post from a previous week.
(2) Include a link back to this post in your blog post or on your flickr photo page so that others who may want to join the Yarn Along can find us!
(3) If you have any trouble linking up, just email me and I will help you!
You can also join the Flickr Yarn Along group to share your knitting and reading photos anytime!

Comments

1. Liz Scott says:

Oops, I missed the deadline too, but here is what we are reading and knitting this week: Paper Pie Can’t wait to see your vintage cardigan pattern in action.

2. Kathy says:

I was late posting this week and it looks like I missed the deadline, but here’s my entry for the Yarn Along: http://www.needleandspade.com/wp/2012/07/yarn-along-for-july-18-2012/ I’ll be more timely next time!

3. Debby says:

I really love your photo this week (and your top too.) Looking forward to see your new cardigan when it’s finished.
    Happy days.
    Deb

4. oh, that reminds me of my own struggle to get a little knitting done while the kiddo is awake! Love the photo!

5. Roanna says:

oops…I forgot to put the link/button on my post last time! Must add it! I love sharing my projects… it keeps me motivated! :)

6. Julie says:

Hello Ginny, This is my first time joining up with your yarn along, so I will look forward to checking out a few other peeps and what they are knitting and getting up to. Good luck with the pattern writing, you have a lovely blog and I really enjoy a peek into your busy life. I am going to try and remember to do a garden post on the weekend and try and link up with your garden journal too. Have a lovely day, Julie :)

7. Shauna says:

I love that photo! You knitting, baby climbing on you, cat rubbing up against you, little one snuggled close with a book… it is lovely. The kind of moment that would likely make my introverted self want some space, but a beautiful moment that I would want to cherish and enjoy. Beautiful shade of blue, too!

8. Melissa says:

You are so talented! I know that I can follow a pattern, but I know that I am not creative enough to make my own pattern.

9. Emma says:

Cannot wait to see the cardigan, and hopefully the pattern too! (I found you when Leila from Like Mother Like Daughter knit your baby hat :) That blue is perfect for Beatrix.