Yarn Along

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~

Yarn Along

I reached the heel flap on both of the socks that I am knitting for Seth, and set them aside in favor of this cowl that I began a few months ago.  I think the pattern is a lot of fun and it made for good travel knitting on the drive home from Georgia.  I do get carsick though, so I didn’t accomplish as much knitting as I hoped I would.

I finished reading A Love that Multiplies last night.  I preferred it to the Duggar’s first book.  I am also about halfway through Ida Elizabeth.  This book has a slower pace than Kristin Lavransdatter and I am enjoying it.

Grab a button for your post or sidebar! Visit the Yarn Along page for additional button colors!

Below is a linky list if you’d like to link up and join the Yarn Along.
(1) Make sure the link you submit is to the URL of your blog post or your specific Flickr photo and not your main blog URL or Flickr Photostream. Please be sure and link to your current Yarn Along post, and not a Yarn Along post from a previous week.
(2) Include a link back to this post in your blog post or on your flickr photo page so that others who may want to join the Yarn Along can find us!
(3) If you have any trouble linking up, just email me and I will help you!
You can also join the Flickr Yarn Along group to share your knitting and reading photos anytime!

Comments

1. I have not seen that pattern until now. It looks like an interesting knit.

This is my first time linking up with YA. I love this idea!

2. elflyn says:

Glorious colour! I love the pattern too, the finished cowl will be beautiful!
    I am doing a little baby knitting this week while searching for my knitting mojo.

3. Debbie says:

I love the color or your cowl. I really enjoyed the Duggar Family’s first book when I read it a few years back. I want to read the second book too. For a very large family, they really seem to have it all together! I am a big fan of their show. Enjoy the rest of your week.

4. Becca says:

Love that pattern! I need some travel knitting so I’ll have to add that to my list of ideas!

5. Melissa says:

I love the color of your cowl! I am a big fan of jewel tones.

6. The pattern looks fun and the yarn looks soft and like it has a sheen to it.

With All That I Am
    Carrie “The Handmade Homemaker”

7. Mary says:

Once again, loving your color choice :) I’ve made it about a third of the way through The Wreath and am loving it. Thank you!

8. Heather says:

And I did my first link up wrong :( Sorry! I’d delete the first one, but I’m not sure how ?

9. Heather says:

I’m just joining for the first time too, with a new blog even! Excited to be part of the yarn along community :)

10. Hats off to you for managing *any* patterned knitting in the car! I get terribly car sick, too, and have only ever managed a very simple bib from the passenger seat.

11. Love the cowl color. I imagine it would look insanely lovely with a black dress. I knit my first baby sweater for a baby other than my own.

12. Looking good!

13. christina says:

I am really loving the color of the shawl. It is so vibrant.
    I am the same with car sickness, reading, writing, looking down at anything gives me the willies!
    Hope your day is peaceful!

14. Lisa says:

Glad you guys are home!!! Hope to see you soon. Loved the pictures of your family.
    Lisa
    p.s sale @ Fiber Space this weekend. I am going Sat. morning…just saying

15. meghann says:

I lovelovelove that color! I have that pattern in my queue; I can’t wait to see how yours turns out… xo

16. Tina says:

I love the pattern for the cowl your knitting and the color is awesome ~ but of course I’m partial to Maya’s yarns :)

17. What a gorgeous colour! Can’t wait to see it finished. Jacinta

18. Erin says:

Beautiful color of yarn! Just love it!

19. brooke says:

have just picked up ida elisabeth at the library. i love four stories as well. in fact could be one of my all time favorites for short stories. i recommend jane smiley’s greenlanders…..

20. Donna says:

Cowls are one of my favorite items to knit and to wear. Having my neck warm seems to make all the difference. I love the color yarn you are using!

21. robyn says:

my first time joining your yarn along – and it’s actually with a finished hat! oops! excited to make this a weekly part of my life!

22. kellie says:

That’s got to be one of my favorite colors– love it! I can’t wait to see the finished project.

23. Svenna says:

The colour of your cowl is lovely; I recently knitted quite a few projects in similar colours..
    Now I seem to be going back to favourite greens.
    Luckily, I don’t get car sick knitting, but I can’t read anymore how I used to. Since the husband does most of the driving, I do get a bit of knitting done on longer journeys!

24. I just ordered A Love that Multiplies – looking forward to it. Thank you for sharing about it.
    I love the color of your cowl.

25. Christina says:

I have all but finished my first sock since posting about it this morning. Now I just need to work out how to graft the final stitches together with kitchener stitch. :)

26. Kristen says:

Pretty cowl! I didn’t know the Duggars had written another book….will have to check it out.

27. Jen says:

Ginny the yarn is just beautiful! What a wonderful color for a cowl!

28. Mary G says:

Love that yarn color … gorgeous and lovely stitch definition.

Have you seen the newly published book by Undset: Stages on the Road (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0870612581?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creativeASIN=0870612581&linkCode=xm2&tag=stathanablog-20)… a collection of essays on Saints and modernity. It’s a great read!

29. Kim says:

Love the colour of the cowl. Sorry to hear you get carsick, not fun.

30. Ellen says:

No fun getting carsick when you want to car knit. That happens to me on occasion – usually when I drink too much coffee and don’t eat or just don’t eat something first. So…what better way to combat that? Nibbling AND knitting.

The color of that yarn is so deep and regal looking.

Hope your clean up is going well!

31. Sorry to hear about the car sickness. I only get car sick from reading, but not from crocheting or knitting for some reason. I love the color on your cowl!

32. Nadja says:

Glad you are all safely home, Ginny.
    The cowl will be nice. Una wants me to make her one for Christmas. I will have to look around at patterns…
    Hope you are beginning to unwind a bit after the shock of all that needs be done. You are in my prayers!

33. Debby says:

oh lovely blue and I really like that fabric too. I think I spotted it in the potato toast below too…really really like the colours….

Happy knitting and reading
    Deb

34. allison says:

Your cowl looks so pretty!

35. Heather says:

I really enjoyed a love that multiplies. I don’t know what it is about that family that fascinates me so much. Perhaps that the mother seems so calm all the time. I only have 2 littles, and I am constantly reminding myself to stay calm and not lose my temper! The cowl and the yarn are lovely!

36. Heather says:

Riding in the car makes me quest too. For some reason knitting while driving doesn’t make me sick. I think my attention is downward. Gorgeous yarn. I think I remember Lori making that cowl too.

37. The colour of your cowl is lovely!
    A bit of Christmas knitting from me this week…

38. SusanD1408 says:

I love the colour of your cowl. Can’t wait to see what it looks like when it’s finished :-)

39. Tracey says:

I have a pair of socks that I have set aside to work on other items too. Your cowl does look like a lot of fun and that is a very pretty yarn. I adore the Duggers , they are a beautiful family, inside and out.

40. swanski says:

I love the color of the cowl!! I set aside my regular knitting this week as well. Switch things up a bit. I do not get car sick (thank goodness) while knitting or reading and can get many things accomplished while my husband drives.