Yarn Along

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us! ~
Yarn Along
Well, there wasn’t much knitting for me this week.  But, I did cast on a sweater using some yarn that’s been sitting in my stash for too long, and it’s a sweater for me!  Both my knitting project and my book this week have been inspired by other Yarn Along-ers.  I have had the February Lady sweater in my queue on Ravelry for ages, but it was seeing Joy’s that convinced me to finally cast on (thanks Joy!)  I finished reading This Life is in Your Hands a few days ago, and desperate for a lighter read, I picked up The Knitter’s Home Companion thanks to Lori, who mentioned this book in a Yarn Along post a few weeks ago (thanks Lori!)  This book is a lovely little collection of stories, patterns, and recipes.  Silas has taken to reaching back to grab my knitting when he’s nursing, resulting in more than one dropped stitch.  Reading is safer, and if I can’t actually knit, at least I can read about knitting. And speaking of reading, check out Ellen’s Yarn Along Library List! It’s a PDF you can print inspired by all of the books that you shared last month!

free pattern here.
yarn here.
ravelry notes here.

Grab a button for your post or sidebar! Visit the Yarn Along page for additional button colors!

Below is a linky list if you’d like to link up and join the Yarn Along.
(1) Make sure the link you submit is to the URL of your blog post or your specific Flickr photo and not your main blog URL or Flickr Photostream. Please be sure and link to your current Yarn Along post, and not a Yarn Along post from a previous week.
(2) Include a link back to this post in your blog post or on your flickr photo page so that others who may want to join the Yarn Along can find us!
(3) If you have any trouble linking up, just email me and I will help you!
You can also join the Flickr Yarn Along group to share your knitting and reading photos anytime!

Comments

1. lori says:

i must be the latest yarnalonger ever. i’m working on the gull pattern right now on the shawl i’m making (finishing, it’s been a long time on the needles). if it helps with silas’s helpful little hands, maybe add stitch markers between every 7 stitch repeat. at least i think the feb lady sweater uses the gull pattern? i’m glad you like the book!

2. Kristin says:

Hopes it’s okay to use my 12-year-old’s knitting, mine is VERY amateur. Love your blog!

3. I’ve been meaning to check that book out–it looks wonderful!

4. Carmie says:

Hi Ginny! I love that bowl of oranges in the photo. It adds a welcome pop of color! It makes me long for Spring.

5. Francesca B. says:

I love my February Lady Sweater but I have mixed feelings about the sleeves. I like the length but not the width. The Knitter’s Home Companion is a nice book for knitters, well, what else! Ellen had a great idea…

6. Wendy says:

So glad you’re knitting something for you, and a sweater at that! Love the February Lady Sweater. I’m big into using up stash yarn right now, too. And thanks for the reminder about the Knitter’s Companion. I’ve always found it easier to read while nursing than knit!

7. sam lamb says:

Oh wow – the book list is amazing! I put Knitter’s Companion on my to-read list last week too thanks to Lori’s post, glad to hear you’re enjoying it.

8. allison says:

Hooray for starting a sweater for you! Thanks for linking to the library list. That’s such a great idea!

9. rachel says:

I also found This Life is in Your Hands to be quite heavy. I only got partway before I had to put it down. I think I was too postpartum emotional to handle it.
    The green for your sweater is so pretty. Happy knitting!

10. Hi Ginny! I’m plugging away at my own February Lady Sweater and it was finally long enough to try on for the first time today. LOVE!!!! Yours will be fabulous in that green, I’m certain. :)

11. Susan says:

I love the deep green yarn! Oh I have to comment on the birthday dress, adorable too.

12. Erin says:

Hi Ginny, I have been following along reading your blog for a few months now, but as we just moved and had a new little one, I have been too busy to link up any of my projects. Thank you so much for the opportunity to share what we are working on! I love your website, and you have a wonderful family! Thank you for sharing! I hope it was ok-I added my daughter Julianna’s project and books to my post as well-I was hoping maybe some other moms with knitting daughters might be inspired to share their projects too-I was also hoping to find a pen pal for her, as she loves writing letters but really has no one to send them to. We also homeschool and I thought it would be a great experience for her to find some other kids with similar interests to correspond with! Anyway thanks again Ginny!
    Erin (Alberta, Canada)