Shades of Autumn

{Our shop will be updated on Monday, October 3rd at 11 a.m. EST}

I feel a little silly naming this “Shades of Autumn” since I typically say “fall.”  But Autumn sounds prettier.  I worked really hard this month to create a palette of yarns that accurately depict the season.  This time of year there are so many dye plants available in my area and I love the colors they create.  I think this is my favorite batch of yarns ever.

For the first time I am selling our Greta goat milk soap.  Jonny milks her (sometimes Keats), and I make the soap.  These two batches of soap have been curing since just before Mabel was born, so over three months.  There is peppermint and tea tree.  We’ve all been bathing with our soap for a couple of months now.  I really like it and love making it.  I hope you like it too!

I am also selling the last of the Liberty lawn sachets (minus two that Larkspur and Beatrix claimed), a few sets of stitch markers (I was finally able to get more Our Lady of Guadalupe charms!) and Jonny is selling cherry shawl pins.  He plans to sell more cutting boards as well, but those have to wait until next month.

Happy October!

p.s. In answer to your questions, I bought the apron at this shop.

1. All those colors are stunning!

2. Gris fleur says:

Too late…as usual ! I am so sad :((((

3. The colors and the yarn is absolutely gorgeous! And the photos too, of course! I love the “feel” of your photos.

Happy, happy day!

4. Gorgeous colours! This yarn looks really beautiful. Went to check out your etsy-shop- but I guess you are already sold out- no big surprise with such lovely goods.

5. I would also love to know where you got that apron and I can’t find your soap 🙁

6. glad you are able to make this beauty! 🙂

7. I can’t believe that I missed getting yarn AGAIN!! I got busy at work and forgot to look at 11:00!!! Hopefully next time!

8. you worked hard and result is awesome, i loved all the color of yarn, thanks and all th ebest !

9. Love the colors and the name of the collection.

10. Ashlee Tott says:

So please tell me you bought that apron from somewhere I can buy one? 🙂

11. Autumn is the natural word for us English-English speakers (or should I say New Zealand-English for us here) – although we’re heading into spring now! Such beautiful yarn, gorgeous colours!

12. Love those yarn colors!!

13. Hi Ginny! Beautiful dye jobs. Where do you get the yarn? I am a knitter but have never spun or dyed so am learning about this side of it. Do you harvest your fiber from your farm animals and then spin it or do you buy it elsewhere?

14. Judith Hogan says:

Oh what beautiful fall colours of yarn. And what a beautiful photo of you with them.

15. christie hoagland says:

Absolutely beautiful yarn! I, too, can’t imagine how you find the time and the energy… though it looks like the older kids are wonderful helpers!

16. Wonderful colors for your shop update!

17. Everything looks wonderful Ginny. I really want some wool and soap from you.
    Waiting for the shop to open 🙂

18. Beautiful colors!

19. Ginny, you are so talented! I always look forward to your posts…your stories and pictures are so heart-warming! Your yarn is absolutely beautiful.

20. Gill Millington says:

They are absolutely gorgeous!! Wonderful colours. I just don’t know where you find the energy, you amaze me. Do you ever ship to the UK? Gill xx

21. really beautiful colors. Love how the kids help

22. Christi {Jealous Hands} says:

Ginny, I don’t knit – but I love your yarn updates! They are beautiful, each one. xo