At Mimi and Pawpaw’s house

Mimi and Pawpaw's house

Can you imagine how magical this place must feel to a child?

Comments

1. angie (your sister) says:

Our grandparents house was that magical to me…I miss them Ginny.Do you remember putting on grandmoms wigs?The smell of their house?The comfort of grandaddys lap while he was watching football with a radio in his other ear listening to another game? The 5W? Grandmoms many collections on door knobs and behind every corner? The smell of grandaddys plastic worms om the fishing closet? The play space in their attic? I could go on and on.I look at there pictures everyday on the wall and talk to them like they are right here with me. What awesome people they were and still are to me in my heart.

2. angie (your sister) says:

Wow what a neat place!

3. So magical! It’s like what an amusement park *should* be!

4. This is pretty amazing. First, the pictures and place. Secondly, the way you put it into perspective for me!

Thanks!
    <3 Jessa

5. Wow! Magical indeed!

6. I sure can! It looks that way too me too! I want to go to Mimi and Paw paw’s house too!

7. Looks like a fun day! ๐Ÿ™‚

8. Love the antique flavor of this place… but boy, must it be a lot of dusting for Mimi!!!!

9. pretty magical to me, too!!

10. Now that is the perfect Southern home! Beautiful and magical!

11. It reminds me of my mother in law’s house,it’s like fairy tale’s house.My daughter loves to be there.

12. Wow, that’s beautiful! Like stepping back in time! My 3 year old would absolutely love spending a day at a place like this ๐Ÿ™‚

13. Reminds me of my grandparents home – a turn of the century home, stuffed with antiques and family heirlooms that was so perfect for adventures and for pretending to be Anne of Green Gables!

14. Carolyn says:

Oh how magical!!!! For me!!! It that a lifetime of collecting or heirlooms?
    Did your husband grow up in that house? I always wonder when I see homes and gardens like that
    if people have lived in those houses for a lifetime. I miss the fact that people use to grow up in one house, I remember being able to run blindfolded in my house as a child I knew it so well.

• Yes, I believe it is a lifetime of collecting on the part of my mother-in-law. She is both an antique collector, and dealer. Jonny didn’t grow up in that house though, his parents bought it after he left for college.

15. Jennifer says:

Wow. Can I go? <3

16. Wow! So amazing! Your parents must be amazing too!

17. The house looks magical to me! I could just “eat up” little Silas! All your children are so cute & obviously well loved.

18. Wow. Would be magical also for me. ๐Ÿ™‚

19. I knew places like that as a child – beautiful colored glass knick knacks, mysterious overgrowth outside, many shiny, old, fascinating objects everywhere.

20. These pictures remind me of my great-grandparents’ home in Niagara Falls. It was a magical place for me and my siblings when we were children. Peace! +JMJ+

21. Oh heavens, I love Victoria magazine and this place is beautiful but who dusts all that stuff? I would never be able to keep a place like that clean.

22. Grandparents are always magical. It’s in their job description.

23. Wowwwwwwwww……. pretty magical for anyone I would think. Just beautiful! I bet the children had an awesome time there! Great memories…

24. is the tree up all year?
    what a fun bunch of treasures to explore. and look at your wee boy! he looks so big!

25. Hmmm…pretty magical for me too ๐Ÿ™‚

26. Yup. Something about grandma and grandpa’s house–it’s always magical.

27. These pictures are wonderful. I especially like your self-portrait in the gilded mirror. Looks like it was a magical visit.

28. Lovely.

29. oh my gosh, I just want to touch everything!

30. This reminds me of my Nana’s house. She has so much wonderful stuff to look at and go through, and she loves her Christmas decorations too ๐Ÿ™‚

31. How sweet! The Christmas tree makes me miss my grandparents. It was Christmas all year long at their house. Most of the decorations stayed up year round.

32. Oh my goodness what a Victorian inspired home. It must feel other-worldly for the children – something they will always remember.

33. love, love the watch on her little girls arm!

34. So many treasures to spy and investigate. I do love those bird houses! xx

35. Jessica says:

Oh yes! Quite the adventure.

36. Not just a child, me too!

37. Wow. Yes, I think I would have been enchanted there as a young girl ๐Ÿ™‚

38. Wow! One of those homes where you just have to stop and take it all in. I’d love to wander around that garden myself.

39. So many treasures to find. Grandparents are a magical bunch of people.

40. Teresa C says:

Is that a Christmas tree? This seems a magical place for me as well!