Something to Smile About

Seth wielding a weed eater

while wearing Jonny’s huge safety goggles
Homegrown strawberries in a few weeks

Blueberries after that

Our “nicest” wheelbarrow finally back in working order
(Jonny took it apart to use as a sled about five years ago, got around to putting it back together yesterday)

Larkspur wearing a dress that I made for her on Saturday
Did you catch that? I made it!
(pattern from Heather Ross’s Weekend Sewing)

Jonny making progress on the chicken coop…

…so these little guys will have a place to lay their eggs

Have I mentioned that I love this stuff?

Homemade granola

The first bachelor button of the season

Comments

1. María Xi says:

Hello Ginny Do you have "araucanas" chickens?Greetings from Chile

2. Wife to the Rockstar says:

You are getting some great shots!

3. Yes, those things made me smile too! Great photos and WOW… can't believe you're making such cute dresses. You have such a neat family, you know.

4. everything looks great! I can't believe the progress on the coop!! The dress looks really fabulous!

5. Bill and Christina says:

I love your pictures! You have a wonderful place to call home. That is a huge garden and it is very special that all of you work on it together. What a fantastic job you did on that dress.Christina

6. laura mouro says:

Beautiful!Laura

7. Dorsey says:

Wow! Looks like a bumper crop of strawberries. I envy you for the blueberries though. We tried to grow them and they wouldn't grow, every year they were the same size plants… Ugh! How frustating! I think we are too low and wet for certain species.Cute dress you made for the girls. Bea will be wearing it before you know it. Yep, it happens that fast.

8. Bookworm says:

Hi Genny!That's a ladybug larvae on Ezra's arm!! I didnt know if you knew that or not! ๐Ÿ˜‰ I just learned it myself a year or so ago, so I had to share my newfound knowledge!I cant get over how much your children look just like your sisters! So awesome!

9. What a great place! And what a great place to have to grow up in! Hey, I'd like to live there and I'm a grownup! ๐Ÿ™‚

10. godlover says:

Wow! Great pics. I loved them all. There was something terribly homey about the one of everyone out working in the garden together. Love Jonny's coop!! And I'm sure that the wheel barrow is happy to be back to being a wheel barrow (that's probably misspelled and I'm too lazy to look it up)Larkspur is such a beautiful little girl and I loved the dress you made for her. Where in the world do you find the time to do stuff like that??? We used to make granola from scratch by the gallons and then put it away in the freezer and eat on it for months.

11. That is such an amazing panoply of riches! How absolutely lovely! Now, I'm envious. The family in the garden is my favorite, I think.

12. crispy says:

What sweet pictures. I love bachelor buttons. They remind me of my grandfather.