This weekend’s giveaway is from my friend, Elizabeth Foss. She is offering one reader a spot in her Restore workshop. In Elizabeth’s words:
“This year, for Lent, live Mercy. And start with yourself. This year, take your disillusioned and discouraged self and instead of flogging it, nurture it.
Somehow, women have learned that nurturing ourselves must come last. We equate holiness with sucking the life out of ourselves to give it to someone else. Newsflash: it doesn’t work that way. When we deplete ourselves–which happens over time if we aren’t careful–there is no cycle of giving and receiving. A depleted woman cannot give. She has nothing left. She hits rock bottom, exhausted and disappointed.
Let Lent be a time of transformation. Self-care isn’t selfish. It’s vital. It’s life-giving. Can you commit to spending Lent taking care of yourself, changing some habits and learning some new ones, in order to fill your own cup? Could you do that if I promise you that once your cup is full you’ll be a much better wife, mother, friend, and neighbor?”
Restore has been updated this year to include two downloadable ebooks. Included with the registration fee you receive:
- Exclusive access to the daily workshop community to guide you through every day of Lent and access to the author for encouragement, allowing you ample opportunity to discuss the content of the essays in a private space with other participants and Elizabeth. Each day is a retreat-like experience.
- The beautiful full-color 180 page ebook Talking Together About Restoration: A full-length guidebook for wholehearted healing of mind, body and soul. (attached)
- Another beautiful ebook, Quiet Time for Lent: One-page daily devotions from Ash Wednesday through Easter Saturday to incline your days towards Him who restore. (attached)
- Downloadable podcasts with: Sarah Mackenzie, Danielle Bean, Colleen Mitchell, Ginny Sheller, Aimee Kollmansberger, Anne Bogel, and Ann Voskamp and printable transcripts of all the podcasts
- Full color tutorials for these ways to connect your heart with your hands: Healing Salve and Bath Salts, Flannel Cozies,
- Sweatproof headbands to sew (and a no sew version), Knitted washcloths and crocheted washcloths, Beautiful (really!) reusable kitchen cloths, Embellished hand towels (and a quick version for mamas with babies), Pretty vases for your Easter table (and beyond) and Fabric-covered prayer journals
- Printables with quotes and prayers, organizing templates for your home and your life, and lockscreen reminders for your phone.
- Continuing community after the workshop ends in a private Facebook group.
Elizabeth is also offering a bargain bundle this year if you are interested in an abbreviated form of Restore. If you would like to learn more about Elizabeth’s Restore workshop, or are interested in signing up, click here. If you would like a chance to win a spot in the full workshop, simply leave a comment on this post. Comments will close and a winner will be randomly selected on Monday, February 8th. The winner will be announced within this post and notified via email.